Saturday, November 27, 2010

THANKFUL #27- FOOTBALL

My cute little "UTES" with their older cousins who are also Ute fans. What a fun game!

I know, your thinking what? I have always loved college sports. And have always loved the Utes! They made my day today. I grew up cheering for the Utes and then literally, I was able to be a cheerleader for them during my college years. I was on the side lines at the Final game in San Antonio. I was right there for Keith Van Horn's .03 second shot to win the game for the WAC tournament down in Vegas. They have made my day many a times over the years and today was one of them. I love going to a football game with my best friend, Nate and love that we can enjoy the crisp fall air and a hot dog (the only time I like hot dogs), and the comradary of being part of a team. I loved going to Costco afterwards and seeing so many in red and having total strangers say, "good game." Awesome! I can sleep good tonight. I had a migraine all last night into today and when I was tossing and turning last night I thought, "this time tomorrow we will know who won." My husband loves how passionate I get over our team, but says sometimes it can be a detriment, when I am as into the game as he is and the kids need something. Sometimes it's good to get your mind off of things and enjoy some football.

1 comment:

  1. I totally want that cheerleading outfit for Sarah, but in BYU!!! Go Cougars! Ok, not so much this past weekend--what a BUMMER!!!

    ReplyDelete