Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thankful #2


THANKFUL #2-Technology


This may sound like a funny one, but technology has been my saving grace the last few years. I had the pleasure recently to hear Paul Cardall's mother speak at a Heart Mom's lunch and I realized how lucky we are to be able to reach out and find other mom's and support groups out there to be able to lean on, cry to, vent to, learn from, mourn with and so on. I recently found a mom that started a group for Mom's with Cancer Fighting Kiddos. Awesome! I do feel a little lost when it comes to Ellie's particular type of cancer. I have only met a few with this rare type of childhood cancer. Technology has saved me many a times like when we moved to St. George and we were able to stay in touch with so many friends through Facebook and cellphones. And I get to still keep in touch with all our St. George friends that we made while we were there. In the hospital, I was able to skype Nate almost every night at home over three hundred miles away. I am so amazed at how far technology has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment