Thursday, November 11, 2010

THANKFUL- #11 Patience

I have learned more about this subject in the last few years than I have my whole life! It has been a huge life lesson that I have had to try to implement in my life over and over again. We waited over a year to get pregnant with Eve (which has never been a problem for us) only to have her leave this world prematurely. And then with Ellie, her whole life has been a waiting game. Wait and see what her tumor does, wait for the right time to get her surgery, wait and see what happens to her heart and so on. I am grateful for the ability to be more patient these last few years. We have seen rewards come along the way slowly but surely. I have heavily relied on my faith lately. One quote that has helped me along the way is from one of my church leaders.

"Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best–better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than His." --Neal A Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment