Sunday, August 2, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow!

Ok, big breath, we are here! Today is Sunday and Ellie will be in surgery tomorrow! I am starting to feel very uneasy. However, I feel better about it, this time around. We are not in an emergency situation and I feel that they are better prepared for our Ellie, who likes you to expect the unexpected.

Since we just started this blog, I will give you a brief story of how we got here and then I will go back and give details of our journey. Ellie was diagnosed at three months with a neuroblastoma or tumor in her neck. At five and a half months and numerous trips to the doctors, she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She was born with a coarchtation of the aorta which caused her heart to be severly enlarged. Her left ventricle touches her ribs. They tried to repair it the next day and her heart gave out so they aborted the surgery and did a heart catheterization and a balloon stint and that worked for the time being. This gave her a chance to get stronger and healthier. Her liver has decreased in size and everything else seems to be pretty healthy. So this time, I feel like she is ready, but as a parent, couldn't be more scared. We are incredibly greatful for those around us who have picked us up and our carrying us through this trying time. We know that our savior is there also and are leaning heavily on him. We will keep you posted in the days to come.

6 comments:

  1. We will be praying for Ellie and your enitre Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping Ellie's name in the temple and added yours. Praying for all of you and for the doctors. May Heavenly Father guide them and bless all with steady and skillful hands and hope in a few months this is all over. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gret blog Becca!!!! We are praying for our little Ellie and your family and the doctors and nurses who will be working on her. We will see you in a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca,
    We are praying hard for you & Ellie today! Thanks for the updates...we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that you started this. I think of you often and always wonder how everything is going. My prayers are with your entire family. You are such a strong person and a great mother! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you down here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky has had to be the one to keep me updated on how Ellie is doing, so I am glad you have this. Everytime I see your sad, empty house I think of Ellie and your family, and hope you are all okay. Our prayers are with all of you as you are going through this. You have such a sweet beautiful family and I hope to see you all soon, happy and healthy!! And I second what Becky said about you being such a strong person, and great mom!

    ReplyDelete