Friday, August 7, 2009

Going Home!!!!

The doctors have really changed their tune today. Ellie flipped a switch and is doing well today. Yesterday, she had a bad day so when the night nurse got there, she noticed that there was a huge difference from the night before. We had respiratory therapists in and out all night to see what they could do. They think it is reactive airway from being intubated. So they have been doing treatments all day. They also think that she needs to be suctioned but are weighing the pros and cons. If they suction it could make it harder for her to breathe. Well, they suctioned and that seemed to help. Today she is a different child. She is laughing and pulling her big grins for the doctor as if to say "look how good I am doing, I can go home now." They feel like she is doing well enough to go home. They do however want us to stay here in the valley until we get the ok to go home. She does have her medications and oxygen, but at least they feel good enough to have her out of here.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I am SO HAPPY she is doing good today and you got the ok to go home! I wish you were coming back here but I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news!!! Can't wait for you to get the ok to come home to St George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she is well enough to be discarged from the hospital. Can't wait to go to dad and mom's house tomorrow to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becca, I am so glad to read that Ellie is doing so well. I was praying for her, and for you! It was so nice to talk to you at the My Gym HopeKids event. I hope to see you again soon. I will continue to pray for healing and strength for little Ellie!
    Jennie Cross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca! I was soo happy to hear that Ellie got discharged on Friday! That is awesome! Now we just have to get her better so that you can come home. Football starts soon and we need our fellow fans to watch the games with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that you guys are out of the hospital. I am sad that I was never able to make it up there. I hope that Ellie continues to do well at home. We will keep you and her in our prayers. Much love,Hilary Cook

    ReplyDelete