Wednesday, November 18, 2009

When life gives you lemons.....

Let's make lemonade!!! I am feeling very great full for my life right now. I feel very blessed to have the people I do in my life and to have gone through the experiences that I have. I feel that they made me who I am today and have witnessed the amazement of humanity that comes from experiences we have had. We are extremely blessed to have all of you and our savior in our lives. We could not do this alone.


This story is not for the faint of heart, so if your squeamish, this may not be the story for you. I remember a story from my childhood that reminds me of how life and marriage is. My older sister and I were really close. We did many fun and strange things to entertain ourselves. One day we decided to have a glass of lemonade. When we poured the lemonade, there was only one more glass. So instead of splitting it up, we decided to take a drink, than spit it back, than pass it back and forth to enjoy it a little longer. A few times we would accuse the other one of actually swallowing. It got to a point where we gave up on the lemonade, and went back to playing.


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Sometimes you taste it and it's sweet or bitter. Sometimes you swallow and take more and sometimes you give back more than you got. In marriage it's a lot of give and take, sweet and sour, refreshing and hard to swallow, and every once in a while you get a seed. But in the end, I couldn't ask for anything more. I couldn't ask for a sweeter life.


I have been married to my best friend for ten years now. Ten years!!! I can't believe all that we have been through in the last decade. Including our legacy we created in our children. I am so proud to be their mother and Nate's wife. I know a lot of you feel that you have the best husbands, but I truly feel that we couldn't be a better match for each other. These experiences over the years has bonded us beyond words. And I am so great full to know that we will be together forever. Our little girl, Eve, is ours forever, along with our other girls. Thank you to all who have been a part of our lives. I just can't wait to see what the next ten years brings. Thanks Nate for sharing this beautiful life with me!!!


"Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays. But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life or the next, Sunday will come." — Joseph B. Wirthlin


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Such a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! We just celebrated our 10yr in June!

    To answer your question about the tape on Owen's face...
    Right now we use the tender grips oxygen dots and we order them through our home healthcare.. AMAZING!

    Before that, when Owen had the NG tube and oxygen, we used 3M Medipore tape.. it's cloth and was very gentle on his skin.

    Tegaderm is our enemy!! I hope it helps!!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are always so up-lifting! I am so glad I can be a small part of your journey. Your friendship is priceless.

    ReplyDelete